Saturday, April 24, 2010

Meet our Chicks


Introducing our chicks!!

The kids had been dreaming of having chickens...

Actually...

Its me - I am the one who had been dreaming of getting these cute little chicks.
Yes, I know they will grow and not be so cute.
I have done some reading up.
Don't worry JoAnne I have a plan.
The coop wasn't ready when we got them home, but they don't need a coop yet anyways.
The chicks need to be in a warm environment.
Here are 8 chicks on their way home.
At this point they were 1 week old.

Darian took them home to accommodate them while we went to a baseball game.


4 are ours.
Names: Pew-Pew, Rosebut, Mickey, and Marshall Indiana

The other 4 belong to my niece and nephews.

The first few days Pew-Pew was not feeling good, she was doing some kinda choking motion.
She definitely was not well. I read up some more on the website Backyardchickens.com
Pew-Pew seemed to have pasty butt.
I needed to wipe her little back end to be able to digest.
I actually thought Pew-Pew would not make it.

Butt,
little Pew-Pew is doing well!

Below: Chicks are growing, they are 2 weeks old here.

Below:
Chicks got to try their chicken coop out.
Mart had his friends build it around the storage shed.
It wasn't my idea.
I was looking towards a nice white Shabby Victorian House.
But my beloved was just wanting to get something done for our chicks.

BTW: He does not touch, feed, clean or water them but I do believe that likes them!




These chicks are growing so fast!

They are back in the garage. The cool weather does not permit that they stay outside,
but pretty soon.
Below: They are 3 weeks old. They are not as cute as they were when we got them, but they have grown on us all. We really don't mind and know they will be beautiful really soon. The kids and I will open the door to the garage sit down and just stare and observe.

I will keep you posted!
Come 20 more weeks and we should have some fresh eggs from our own chickens!

No comments:

Followers