Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Catholic Legos

Bubba is my second born child. He is strong-willed, tough, and a perfectionist. At the same time he is sensitive, loving, and caring. Its interesting to see how those characteristics mesh and represent my boy. He has many talents this kid, but one that he always uses is his artistic talent. He loves to draw, paint and  create. I'd say he gets that from me. He also loves to buy Legos. I'd say he gets that from my husband. Not Legos, but buying things. Lol.  He is also a little worker and loves to get paid.

Last month our homeschool group Sacred Heart Home Educators held an opening Mass and potluck for the new school year. Families were to bring a dish to share and create a table centerpiece to add to the decor of the hall. The centerpiece was also part of a contest.

My talented, artistic, creative, hard working, boy has a huge collection of legos. I put him to work on a our centerpiece. Our theme was Catholic. I suggested Sacraments and prayer and this is what he came up with...


Everyone that was present was given a ticket to vote for their favorite centerpiece.
3rd place had 5 votes, 2nd place had 9 votes and
1st place went to the Catholic Legos
with 62 votes!!!

Thank  you Andres!
You did a great job!

Prize: A gift card to Sonic!!!

I came up with this for the potluck...



Peach Cobbler!



2 comments:

keep calm and carry on said...

oh my gosh!! I can't believe that made me cry, but it did!! he is so talented!!! what a wonderful job!!! he is amazing!!!!!!

Ruiz's Pieces said...

That is so fantastic! Love it!

Followers