Monday, February 2, 2015

Naibe's Request


A few days ago Naibe my now 14 year old (that was hard to type, 14!!) asked me, "Mom, Why did you stop writing?" I wondered why she'd asked...
I knew she loved to go check on our favorite blog Keep Calm and Carry On by a dear friend Nellie. She then tells me, "I really loved how you  expressed yourself about everything in our life then." Ahhhh, I see why she asked, I thought. She was reading my blog! The blog I have neglected for over 4 years. I told her,  that I do miss writing about all the wonderful things going on in our life. I couldn't just tell her the real reason I had stopped. There were many reasons: I had a new baby, I had chores, I had cleaning to do, I had teaching to do, I had to work at our family business, and so much going on. I had to down play why it was that I stopped.
In reality, during that time over 4 years ago, my 5th born was just about 2 weeks old. I didn't have the baby blues or post-parstum depression. What I did experience was betrayal. I was lied to and disrespected by a so called friend. It wasn't a church friend or school friend. But one of those types that becomes "a friend" because they were a "family friend" first. So I didn't really choose that person as friend, the way your supposed to choose them wisely.  I will not go into detail about what and how she betrayed me, but I did feel depressed, discouraged, and saddened. I didn't have the energy and joy to do the things I did before.  The whole ordeal took so much peace from me that blogging was far from my mind.
It has taken a few years to finally be inspired to start anew.

Now a days, I still have chores, cleaning, teaching, working and all the many things that I do. My then 10 year old is 14, my then 7 year old now 11, my then 4 year old now 9, my then 2 year old now 6, my then newborn now 4 years old and our 6th child now 2 years old.
Just typing that made me realize how fast the time goes.

I hope to continue to write and journal about what is going in our life. All the joy and blessings that we have should be written and recorded. Even the sad and negative things.
I really don't care to make a living out of having a blog or care for popularity. My inspiration to write again comes from my daughter. So I am happy if its just her reading this. But if you are reading... As I mentioned years ago I am no English scholar, so please don't judge me to harshly on my grammar. I am positive that there are plenty of mistakes in the past and many to come. I invite to read my ramblings and to get to know me again. You may know me from church, school, or our family business. I may seem quiet and antisocial at times, but I really  I am coming out of my shell once again, to allow those inside my world.

My world consists of having faith in one True God - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Relying, praising, praying, loving Him with all my heart, to never offend Him,  and to do His will. Honoring His Mother, mine and your Mother Mary, such a model for us to follow and say Yes to our Lord.
My family: My husband of 15 years along with our 8 children (6 here with us and 2 with our Lord) My parents who have been married for over 50 Years. My brothers and sisters. My nieces and nephews. My aunts, uncles, and cousins. Those who have gone before me to eternity. My many wonderful, talented, beautiful friends who I wish I could have more contact with, but hold so dear to my heart. Pets: 2 dogs, 2 horses. Our family business that has been so blessed with family recipes and customers for 30 years.
My world also consists of those not so wonderful things: Like mean people. Stress, anxiety, negativity and many other discouraging things that happen in life.
More recently- People who question my and my husband's decision to have so many kids.


With time, I hope to update several things on the blog. I may need to retrain myself to do this.
Who knows? Perhaps it will take another 4 years to do this! At least I have written a bit, to alleviate Naibe's begging request to write more.













No comments:

Followers