Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Friends



I have been wanting to write and journal for almost a year now. So many things have happened I wished I had actually done it, but time or laziness or neglect didn't allow.
Going through my iPhoto will help my mind remember and recall what actually happened. I do forget things pretty quick. I wonder if it's because I'm so darn busy and have to much on my plate. And thats a valid excuse or I'm showing signs of Alzheimer's disease.
I recently mentioned that to Mart my husband after reading an article about this famous pastor guy from the 700 club divorcing his wife because she was "dead" but not really- because of Alzheimer's. I asked if he'd take care of me and love me the way I'd be, if that happened. Like the The Notebook type. Or if he would take back all he promised that day we got married and leave as a live Joan Doe.
If it is that I have to much going on, which I think it is... I need to work on fixing that. Organizing myself a bit more. If it's the signs of the disease... I will just leave to God and not worry about that now. But I will take some time soon to review pictures and give a recap of what happens this past year.

I had a jammed packed busy day today. Most days are like this, along with a lot of stress. But today was not as stressful because I had something to look forward to. Catechesis of the Good Shepard atrium classes started for the kids today. This means that during their class I get to visit with my dear friends.
This has been going on for the past 3 years. I have to say it's one of the things I so look forward to doing. I have my sisters whom I love so much and are a big support, but friends are a bit different. In just an hour I get filled, empowered, and energized by these wonderful people!

 Later that evening I attended a program called She shall be Called. A program to aid women in their spiritual journey within the their marriages and family life. There I was able to meet new people or shall I say new friends. Our table's name is St. Claire and I love being at that table. The women ranged from 25-50 years. Half were converts, of whom I love love! I love converts because they know better! I know! Us cradle Catholics take things for granted and forget where we are going at times because we forget where we came from. I may just speak for myself though. Converts ignite my love for my church. Thats why I love them!

 I have some very dear friends that I have reconnected with recently through Facebook. Isabella lives in California. We would see each other twice a year at rodeo's our teenage years. We were on Mexican side saddle drill teams called Escaramuzas. We may have had crushes on each others brothers, but that was then lol! I was able to fly out to CA to visit her and other girlfriends. That was a blast! Then I started college, stopped riding with the team and lost touch. Finally, after searching so long, I received an email from her!! I was so excited! After all these years, we are married with children and baby on the way!! Not me!!! But my sweet friend Isabella! Congratulations!!!

 Thank you God for your wonderful gifts. For the life you give us. For all the special signs that you send. Thank you for my family. Thank you for the beautiful fellowship you provide to me in my friends.

1 comment:

keep calm and carry on said...

any day i get to hang with you is my favorite day of the week!!!

Followers